Thursday 3 September 2015

PHAN KHOM THAI CUISINE @ CENTRAL MALL (PHRA RAM 9 MRT STATION)


While I was in Bangkok, my nephew came for a weekend and I brought him to Phan-Khom Thai Cuisine on the 7th floor at Central Mall (linked to Phra Ram 9 MRT station). I had been there two years ago with Nora and remembered they had a lovely menu of dishes I don't usually see in the Thai restaurants I frequented. They also have a branch on the 7th floor at Central World.


In Thai, Phan Khom means a thousand lights, which explains the lovely grouping of long orange cylindrical lamps at the entrance. 



The crab meat served in crab shell arrived piping hot and you should devour it before it gets cold. 


I strongly recommend the seafood in otah served in a coconut. The smooth mix had us scraping every bit of it.  



We were pretty pleased with our lunch of four dishes, two coconuts and two drinks which came up to about 900 Baht.


The menu is extensive and it may take you a while to pore over it. Many dishes fall in the 100 to 200 Baht range. 

WARNING : Do not order their Masamman curry. This dish has often been touted by the angmoh expatriate community as their favourite curry but to me who is used to savoury curries, the ultra sweetness of the Masamman curry is simply unpalatable. This applies to all Masamman curries served in Thai restaurants. You have been warned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment