Wednesday 30 September 2015

MISKO NOSE LIFT IN BANGKOK


I have been wanting to change the shape of my peasant nose for, let's see, two thirds of my life. I have consulted two doctors who told me I wouldn't see much difference even after rhinoplasty. This was way before the Korean plastic surgery industry took off and noses way more bulbous than mine have been sliced to smithereens to emerge both aristocratic and genteel, which is what I believe I should possess. 

But I still haven't proceeded with it for various reasons I shan't share here. Suffice to say, I was very excited to hear of the Misko lift for nose reshaping in Bangkok. 
Similar to the thread lift that I did for my face, the threads used here have tiny barbs that, when injected into the nose in strategic positions, will hold up the nose in a shape you desire. It's minimally invasive (you can only inject so many threads into a nose after all, no matter how huge). Some filler, like Restylane, will also be injected to hold the threads better and also help shape the conker of your dreams.

From my research of the Thai clinics, the threads can be injected above the nostrils and vertically along the spine of the nose. If required, the threads could also fan out from the spine to the sides of the nose.
As expected, getting them to quote you a price is like trying to pull nails out from a plank with your fingers. They just want you to visit them in 3D so they can hynoptise you and make you sign for a package of three, I bet! 

So far, with much cajoling and empty promises, I have received quotes ranging from 30,000 baht to 50,000 baht (S$1,200 to S$2,000). Some promised unlimited threads, some throw in 1cc of Restylane filler and one offered 'restyling' if you should be dissatisfied. None promised I would get hitched. 

Online, The Klinic at Siam Square One seems to show they have done a few successful cases. I also came across one blog by Dr Sirithorn Schachaisiri of ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery who posted many super impressive befores and afters but yet, had a web link to www.facefocusclinic.com instead? 

I feel like exploring this procedure on my next trip to Bangkok. But at such prices, I might as well pay for a full rhinoplasty there, especially when my own experience with facial threads show that the effect last for, at most, a year. Oh well, I still have a few months to think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment