Saturday 26 September 2015

AN EXPLORATIVE TRIP TO HUAI KHWANG

I decided to explore the vicinity around Huai Khwang MRT station as I have never alighted at this station before. I came out of Exit 1 and walked straight towards Exit 2. There is nothing in between them so you can save yourself some sun and exit at Exit 2 :)

After crossing the road at the T-junction and walking past two condos, you arrive at the Swissotel Le Concorde, which is huge and got me worried about their occupancy rate, not that it is any of my business. 
At the end of the hotel is a mini Buddhist shrine and immediately after it, there is public square lined with condos on your left. 
As I enter, I saw a small cafe, some shops and this place selling clay pot porridge, which is something I would love to eat. They also have a big massage place beside it.  
After this small public square,you'll see Joe Seafood, which looks rather promising.
Set under a huge white tent, there are quite a few tanks of live seafood and a not-too-friendly uncle behind the open air kitchen.
I have a good hunch their seafood would be good and reasonably priced. They look like they know what they are doing. 
By then, there seemed to be nothing further down worth exploring and it has been about an one-kilometre walk from the exit of the MRT station so I climbed up the overhead bridge and walked to the other side, back to where I came from. 
The Ivory is a very apt name for a dentist, don't you think? It seems like a new joint on this road. They promise you a brighter smile in 45 minutes!
Next comes two big massage places, the Lemongrass Thai Heritage massage and another one just beside it that also touts traditional Thai massage. Truth be told, there are two enormous and glitzy ones located before these two but judging from what they put on their facades, you can tell that your achy muscles may not be the ones that get massaged.  
And then we have the original fried curry crab from Somboon Seafood. Say what you like, but I still prefer our Singaporean crab dishes somehow?!
Cross the road at the T-junction and you'll find the Ganesha Shrine.
It was established in the year 2000 and according to the Chinese sign, it seems to have granted many wishes to its devotees. 
Well, there's another shrine more to my cup of Earl Grey beckoning me next to the Ganesha Shrine. Dr Beau clinic even has a men's health information centre, with a tagline "NO MORE EXCUSES"!
Fighting for the same beauty pie is Idol Me clinic a few steps away.
I love clinics that display their prices right up front. Just cutting to the chase gets my attention everytime. 
More options for your dental beautification if needed:
It seems like 1000 baht for cleaning, polishing and a dose of fluoride is pretty standard in Bangkok. I had the same price when I did mine at a Central mall.  
Wuttisak aesthetic and laser centre is a chain of beauty clinics in Bangkok. I saw another one at Park One mall adjacent to Central Plaza Lad Prao.

1 comment: