Friday 25 September 2015

5 RESTAURANTS TO TRY @ CENTRAL PLAZA LAD PRAO

I recommend visiting the extremely huge Central Plaza Lad Prao as it has literally everything under one roof and at the same time, Union Mall is only just a bridge away, PLUS there are two great places for street food around it and its basement is an amazing web of individual outlets that are pretty cool to explore. How's that for an entire afternoon taken care of?

To go to this Central Plaza, alight at Phahon Yothin MRT station, exit at the sign Central Plaza Lad Prao, walk up the bridge towards Union Mall, turn left before you reach Union Mall and go down the narrow flight of stairs on the left. Walk straight for about 200 metres and you can see the entrance on your right. 

As you enter, you see these four restaurants on your left. 
On The Table Tokyo Cafe has a presence in many Central Malls. I have always liked their soothing zen interiors and yet, I have not tried any one of them. Yet. 
You can expect western infusions mixed with Japanese faves and there will be an abundance of cheese and mayo, which probably make everything extra delicious, no?

Taling Pling, all done up in hot pink, is also another established restaurant chain. I have tried the branch at Siam Paragon. There is another one at Central World and probably a few others scattered elsewhere.
Their menu can be extensive, which makes it extremely laborious to plough through for someone like me and I will hand over the ordering of what we are going to eat to whoever is with me immediately, since I eat almost anything and everything.  
At Taling Pling, expect home-style Thai dishes at reasonable prices. A quick peruse at their menu shows the presence of their favourite classics such as tom yum kung, beef curry, ox tongue stew, crispy pork lard omelette and yum pla salad. 

The white banners on the ceiling of Sushi Den caught my attention more than anything else.  While searching for more information online, I came across a post that claimed it gets its fish from the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo and another one in Hokkaido every morning. 
Their long trays of maki rolls look pretty impressive (250 to 700 baht) and a singular dish meal cost about 150 to 250 baht.

Like the ceiling of Sushi Den, I was captivated by the greens of this Thai-worded restaurant this time round. It serves economical noodle/rice meals from 75 to 125 baht as well as Thai dishes to be shared. I 'lined" my Thai friend Suwie and he said it's called Kam Poon in English and serves fusion Isaan food. 

Located opposite these four restaurants is the exotic looking Cafe Chilli. Its interiors are the most well-designed of the five if you asked me. 
The tumeric colours and wall graphics gives me a modern Indian vibe but the menu is predominantly Thai.
 Expect to see quite a bit of 'spicy' used as a prefix to the dishes offered. 
Prices start from 130 baht and goes up to 490 baht for grilled Australian beef/lamb.



No comments:

Post a Comment