Thursday 1 October 2015

EATING TOKPOKKI WITH YOUR OPPA OR NOONA @ THE RED SUN

I am currently watching five Korean serials at the same time so never ever doubt my multi-tasking abilities. I love to screen freeze and analyse what the actors and actresses have done to their faces. I think their brow technology has advanced to 6D and being a state secret, they refuse to export it. 

Anyway, you get to know what the leads love to eat during moments of stress, like when they discover their oppa is really their biological brother. One of them is Tokpokki, a Korean street food dish of rice cake cooked in sweet chilli sauce. After eating it, the biological brother turns out to be not biological after all (because you mixed up the different serials). YEAH!
Unlike Japanese restaurants which are everywhere (close your eyes, throw a stone, and it will land on one; either that or it will hit a Thai), I seldom come across any Korean ones in Bangkok. So I was happy to see The Red Sun when I went to my beauty clinic in Siam Square. 
The Red Sun is one of Korea's leading restaurants for tokpokki and it has 50 branches in its native country. This first branch in Bangkok is owned by the very pretty celebrity model May Pitchanart Sakakorn. 

I love the chic glasshouse appeal where people can gawk at me (no, I won't take my meds). The menu, as expected, focuses on tokpokki, with seven different toppings and three different spice levels. Prices range from 150 baht to 400 baht.

Alight at Siam BTS station and cut through Soi 5 or any of the parallel sois till you reach the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment