Sunday 4 October 2015

EAT ME NEWLY RANKED AT #25 ON ASIA'S BEST RESTAURANTS LIST

It was ranked #37 last year and I'm going to go all out on a limb and say I really don't get Eat Me. I just don't. Let's start with the name. I mean, the owner is Australian. Is it tongue-in-cheek? A Down Under pet phrase? What?
And for a restaurant of repute, what's with the interior design? It's threadbare. It's I-can't-really-be-bothered. And it's been like this for years. 
Food wise, it's pretty good but you can get the same standard elsewhere in Bangkok at such prices, and with better ambience. Do they really have to dim the lighting to such an extent I have to pinch myself from falling asleep? 

A three-course dinner can be enjoyed for about 1200 baht here. More if you drink.

ADDRESS:
20 metres off Convent Rd (in Soi Pipat 2)
Silom. Alight at Saladeang BTS station and walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment