Monday 31 August 2015

LIFT THAT DROOPY LIP UP

Once you reach a certain age, you are introduced to the Law of Gravity which, unfortunately, gives us droopy lips and make us smile upside down even if we hate to. 

Well, have no fear as I am going to share my experience of fixing this with the help of my two best friends - Botox and fillers! 

In Bangkok, there are a few doctors who can perform this miracle of raising the corners of your petulant lips when they plunge downwards. I have been doing this correction a couple of times with them for the past three years. 

Depending on how serious your situation is (ranging from kind souls inquiring if you are merely upset over something to asking directly if your cat died without informing you), your lip situation can be saved by injecting Botox or one of several kinds of filler brands or possibly both.



Let me share with you my recent session slightly more than one week ago. First, numbing cream was applied generously across my lip area. Cling wrap was then placed over and I had to wait for an hour for the numb to really set in. For those with a really low threshold for pain, you may ask the doctor to inject a numbing solution instead which is supposedly stronger. I will explain why my entire face is covered at a later date. 



Once the area is numb and I don't holler when I am pinched there, my doctor set to work. Because I had done this a couple of times in the past, my lips are not in an emergency state so I only had the filler Juvedum injected above the end of my upper lip (to lift) and below the end of my lower lip (to prop up).  



I am given the gag order after the injections are done - a cold press pack firmly held over the mouth for several minutes. If you are demanding why I am wearing pink eye shadow at a time like this, again, I will explain later. 



This is immediately taken after I went back to my apartment. I am actually scowling as much as I can but the lips remained happily upwards at the ends. You can still see two injection marks. And you can compare my scowl in the first pic - how my lips turn downwards then. 


This is one day after. The propping up of fillers on the ends of my lower lip actually pushed out my lower lip quite a bit. Any more and I can be gainfully employed by the Post Office to lick stamps. But this situation quickly disappeared the next day. 

I must emphasise that while many doctors can turn your upside down lips the right way up, they may not always do a good job. I looked like The Joker from the Batman movies for two weeks the first time I had it done! So do your research well.

And remember to drink lots of water after every filler job as it helps to plump up the filler molecules within. 

Unless you have lips as big as the Merlion (it's SG50 after all), you probably need only a syringe of Botox or filler, or a combination of both for this unhappy expression. A reputable clinic in Bangkok will charge you about 15,000 Baht per 1CC filler and 4000 to 8000 baht for Botox.

This was a before and after scowl taken last year, a month in between :






No comments:

Post a Comment